How to not spend a fortune in your Wedding Cake
Here comes the bride and then the Cake !!! The wedding cake is a very important part of any wedding and normally for there are 2 things that are their center of attention and those are the bride and the cake. The style, colors, and taste can leave a huge impact. The prices for the wedding cakes can go from a very low prices to a very expensive ones. That depends on the number of guest, flavors, decorations, delivery services and more. The important part is to be fair and realistic with some point when you decide on your wedding cake like:
1. Know your budget- is very important to decide that with your groom and stick to it. Understand that you can have an amazing and beautiful cake with any budget. When you decide on that budget have in mind the amount of guest that you have for your wedding. Remember that a budget does not limited you to have the cake of your dreams.
2. Have in mind the style of your cake – Select the color palette, flavors and ideas of decorations that you like or prefer. Verify the trends that go with the theme of your wedding (chic, vintage, country, boho, glamorous, tropical, destination wedding…) have pictures of cakes that you like because that will help you to select the best style of cake or you can incorporate some details from each and create that special cake for your wedding.
3. Tell your budget to the Baker – Is better when you are open and tell your baker since the beginning your budget. That will help a lot to both of you. Normally bakers prefer to have that information since the beginning so the can help you to create your dream cake and yes !!! they will work with your budget it doesn’t matter if it is small. They are full of ideas and trust me they love to create and bring to life dreams to reality.
4. Be open to ideas – Some times you have this dream cake and is out of your budget and your baker can create something amazing in your budget and will be a center piece!!!
5. Don’t do it your self – it’s your day so don’t do it that is stressful and time-consuming.
6. Don’t ask a friend to do it – Unless your friend is a baker don’t do it just to see if you can spend less money. Remember is a very special day and you don’t need more stress or end with a cake that is far away from your dream cake.
At the end the important part is to have the cake of your dreams with out braking the bank and don’t forget that always go for a little more… is better to have left overs than run out of cake…